Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yuengling Bock is Back

And man, is it good!  I tried some for the first time last night at Houlihan's in Hershey, PA and was quite impressed.  I heard of Yuengling Bock for the first time about a week ago and was immediately interested.  After doing some research, I was surprised to find out that Bock was only recently reintroduced by Yuengling.  In 2009, Yuengling made Bock again for the first time since the 1970s! (source)

If you followed any of the links I included in my last post, you may have run across the definition of Bock: it's the German term for a strong beer and likely indicates a bottom-fermenting brew made from barley malt (source).

Photo Courtesy of mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com

Yuengling's Lager is one of my all-time favorites, so I've been working on trying all of their brews.  If you like a dark beer, which I do, the Black & Tan is really good.  Bock is even better!  Bock is a seasonal brew, so if you're interested, you should plan on checking it out in the near future.  I definitely recommend giving it a try.

Zum Wohl!

No comments:

Post a Comment